What Should I Not Tell My Date About Myself?by Nocita Carter
Yes, some things you shouldn't tell the person you're dating because it's really not important! Some things are best left unsaid. You wouldn't want to turn off the person you're dating to the point they determine they're really not interested in you after all! So, here are some tips that may assist you in not discussing certain topics with your date that you don't need to:
1) Never discuss with your date your past boyfriend, girlfriend or former spouse! This is a definite no, no. Noone wants to hear about how great or bad your past girlfriend, boyfriend, or former spouse was! Don't dwell on the past. Your new date might think you're trying to make them like your past date or spouse, and this may be a turn off for them!
2) Don't talk about how much money you have or lack of it. This may come across to your date as your way of telling them that money is the most important thing to you in a relationship. This could be a relationship ender for you.
3) Gossip about your past dates, friends, family or whomever is not a good idea. It's really not important for you to discuss this with your date. Some people see others that gossip as busy bodies who have to be involved in everyone elses business but their own! This may be a turnoff for your date who could be a person that values their privacy and is a non gossiper.
4) Don't discuss your past intimate relationships! This is a definite no for discussion. This may make your date very uncomfortable and put them in an awkward position as to what you may or may not expect from them. So don't discuss your past intimacies! Steer far away from this topic. Don't even talk about it! This would be your best bet in your new relationship if you don't want to create waves.
5) If you cheated on your previous date, don't even think about talking about this in your new relationship! Noone wants to hear about you cheating in a past relationship. If you decide to talk about this subject, be prepared for your date to possibly tell you to take a hike! They may decide that they don't want to risk the chance of you cheating on them, since you have a history of doing this! You do have a preexisting history of cheating, remember you told them so. Get the picture, don't talk about it!
6) Anything else that you believe would not be something important that you'd want to tell your date about you. Don't tell it, if it's not important!
Well, you've probably got a good idea on what you should not tell your date. After all, do you want to keep dating the person you're with, or do you want to keep looking for someone new? You're possibly saying to yourself, I really would like to continue dating the person I'm with. Then, if this is the case, don't scare them away from you! Remember, some things are best left unsaid if the information is not important to the relationship.
About the AuthorNocita Carter is a writer that designs websites providing informative tips at finance tips http://www.personal-finance-tips-for-you.com & dating tips http://www.baltimorechat.net